Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Blues

Well, we were so looking forward to our day off today (and voting of course). Hannah was coming over in the morning, we had a few errands to run, then movies with Aunt Cheryl.....

WARNING....TOO MUCH INFORMATION COMING....

Well, it all came crashing down at about 10:30 when we heard Madison coughing over the monitor. We ran downstairs and got there just in time for her to throw up in the trash can. (anyone who thinks it's crazy I still have a monitor....at least I get to catch the throw up before it hits the bed!!) Not much sleep, and a few more trashbags....and now it's Tuesday.


So, I went to vote early so I didn't have to take her. Only an hour for us Kershaw folks.....you NE Cola kids aren't so lucky, I hear (unless you were one of the smart ones like Michelle who voted absintee weeks ago in 15 minutes!). Then came home and got some more throw up (this time on the couch....didn't make it to the trash can). Then hopped in the shower, and had to race to Nana's house so she could stay there while I went to my Dr's appt. Of course Nana had one too, so we had to wait for her to get home. Made it in time, (barely), then went to the store for some Gatorade and soup. So....now we're home and ready to relax the day away (and pray for no more sickness so we can all go back to school tomorrow)!



Oh, and I had to take a pic of our stylish sick day outfit.....I mean, who wants to wear pants when your tummy hurts? But it's too cold out for just a dress.....so we improvised. Oh, and the head gear is essential to keep the hair from over the trash can.

No comments: