Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Triple Sleepover....

....That started like THIS (oh so happy)

And ended like this (oh so scary!)
OK, let's start at the beginning.
1) Madison, Hannah, & Erin went to see High School Musical at Workshop Theater. They had a great time! They loved meeting the stars afterwards.
2) VERY late night, so they all came and slept over at our house (went to bed near midnight!)

3)Next day....at the pool where Madison & Hannah jumped on the diving board at the same time. The lifegaurd said "One at a time" so Madison proceeded to back up. She wasn't watching where she was stepping and stepped right off the back of the board, hitting her head on the board on the way down, resulting in this beautiful baby.
Don't let the smile fool you. It was NO fun. She was screaming, I was trying to scoop up THREE kids at one time and get to the ER. Meanwhile, back at the car....I'm trying to call Mike (who's in a meeting), moms (to come get their kids), etc. This was especially difficult since I had no numbers programmed in my NEW (WAY overpriced) phone since I had just broken my OLD phone last night....but I digress. Then Erin starts saying she has to throw up, which I am ignoring b/c my child is crying and I'm on the phone and carrying 100 bags. We get to the car and Erin then throws up about 4 times at my feet! So, now I have one kid bleeding like crazy, one throwing up, and one asking me why she has to go home so soon!! AGH!
Madison got calm on the way to the hospital, but the Dermabond did not go well (but at least it wasn't stitches). It's never fun to have to hold down your child while they are crying and kicking. But, all is calm for now and we can't go swimming again for 5-7 days. So, there it is. I will not be hosting a triple sleepover for a LONG while, thank you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad Madison is ok. Sounds like Mom needs a much deserved break!!!!!! Bless you, dear!

Nicole said...

That would be great!